WILMINGTON, MA — Pending successful contract negotiations, Wilmington has a BRAND new Superintendent of Schools.
At tonight’s meeting, the Wilmington School Committee unanimously voted to appoint Dr. Glenn Brand as Superintendent beginning July 1, pending successful contract negotiations. Brand is a finalist in at least two other current superintendent searches. The Committee wanted to vote tonight rather than wait until after School Vacation week.
- Superintendent of Schools at Acton-Boxborough Regional School District (2014-2017)
- Assistant Superintendent for Administration & Finance at Sharon Public Schools (2011-2014)
- Principal, Pollard Middle School at Needham Public Schools (2006-2011)
- Principal, Wareham Middle School at Wareham Public Schools (2004-2006)
- Assistant Principal, Mattacheese Middle School at Dennis-Yarmouth Regional School District (2002-2004)
- Assistant Principal, Hillside Senior Public Schools at The Peel District School Board in Ontario, Canada (2001-2002)
- Classroom Teacher (Grades 3, 4, 6, 7, 8) at the Peel District School Board in Ontario, Canada (1994-2001)
- Education: Bachelor of Arts from The University of Western Ontario; Bachelor of Education from The University of Western Ontario; Master of Education from Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto; and Doctor of Education from the University of Bath (U.K.), School of Education
Watch his interview from Tuesday night with the School Committee, courtesy of WCTV, below:
Story to come later tonight…
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.