WILMINGTON, MA — Two of the four Wilmington School Superintendent finalists — Glenn Brand, former Superintendent of the Acton-Boxborough Regional School District, and Nan Murphy, Director of Accountability and School Improvement for Lowell Public Schools — will be visiting the district this Wednesday, February 7.
The School Committee has arranged several opportunities for community members to meet and learn about each each candidate.
- Community Open Forum — Wilmington High School Library — 3:30pm-4:00pm
- Community Reception — Wilmington High School Library — 7:15pm-8:30pm
- Interview with School Committee — Wilmington High School Large Instruction Room — 8:30pm-10:00pm
- Community Open Forum — Wilmington High School Library — 4:00pm-4:45pm
- Interview with School Committee — Wilmington High School Large Instruction Room — 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Community Reception — Wilmington High School Library — 8:30pm-9:15pm
According to School Committee member Jennifer Bryson, parents and residents can ask candidates questions at both the Community Open Forum and Community Reception. The Open Forum will be more structured, while the Community Reception will have a more relaxed atmosphere.
The School Committee’s interviews are open to the public. WCTV will be filming both, but will not be airing them until the other two candidates interview.
The other two candidates — Patricia White-Lambright, Assistant Superintendent of Pupil Personnel Services for Melrose Public Schools, and Michael Wood, Director of Student Services for Leicester Public Schools — are expected to visit the district on Monday, February 12. Parents will be given the same opportunities to meet both. The School Committee will announce those details shortly.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.