Below is a town job opportunity passed along by Town Hall:
Town of Wilmington
Elderly Services Assistant
PART-TIME ELDER SERVICES ASSISTANT ELDER SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Unit: NON-UNION, Part-Time (30 hours/week), Benefits Eligible
Reporting To: Elderly Services Director
Wages: $17.00/hr. – $19.00/hr.
Location: Elderly Services Department
Hours: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Five (5) days a week work
Application Deadline: February 16, 2018
The Elder Services Assistant position is responsible for providing higher level clerical support to the Elder Services Director and staff.
Working under the supervision of the Elder Services Director and/or designee:
- Greet visitors and customers, answer the telephone and general emails, answer basic questions and provide general information. For more complex questions and needs assist callers, customers, and visitors with reaching the proper staff person or resource. May assist with registering visitors and customers for programs and activities.
- Assist with maintenance and data entry for the “My Senior Center” software database.
- Coordinate SHINE program counselors and schedule appointments for elders.
- Assist with the scheduling of transportation needs for elders, including assistance with the Home Delivered Meals program.
- Assemble and compute data, prepare statistical reports, summaries, and other municipal records and documents, and monthly statistical reports.
- Sort, file, record various materials, and classify materials according to subject matter or other classification.
- May provide administrative support to the Elder Services Commission, posting meetings in accordance with Open Meeting Law, assembling and distributing documentation, and assisting with setup of meetings.
- Collect, sort, and distribute mail.
- Assist with preparing correspondence, reports, newsletters and documents, and distribute through inter-office mail, email, US postal service, or otherwise as directed.
- Assist with electronic media such as Twitter, website and the department electronic sign board.
- May manage department supplies and materials, and order supplies and materials as needed.
- May manage the department’s online presence including the webpage and social media accounts, ensure content is timely, accurate and useful, update and add content on a regular basis.
- Maintain department files in an orderly manner, file documents, and retrieve documents from files as requested.
- Perform other similar tasks or related works as assigned by the department head and designee.
- High School diploma.
- A minimum of two years of clerical or administrative experience in a customer service or municipal setting, or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with the public.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and ability to effectively utilize Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other standard administrative software and databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise initiative and use good judgment, prioritize tasks, work with limited direction in the completion of tasks and assignments.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Work is generally performed inside a building. Work environment is characteristic of an office environment, with even walking surfaces and generally low noise levels. Noise levels may be elevated during certain programs or performances that may be scheduled in the building.
The work is generally of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Frequently required use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reaches with hands and arms, bends, stoops, kneels, and/or crouches. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. Required to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment.
Submit resume and cover letter, or completed application to:
Town Manager’s Office
Attn: Assistant Town Manager/Director of Human Resources 121 Glen Road
Wilmington, MA 01887
or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If submitting by email please use “Part-Time Elder Services Assistant” in the subject line. Resume and cover letter, or application may be attached to the email.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.