WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a round-up of what’s going on in Wilmington on Sunday, December 17, 2017:
Weather: Sunny, with a high near 29. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph.
In The Community: Boston Bruins great Rick “Nifty” Middleton will join West Real Estate for a “Toys for Tots” Drive from 2:30pm to 4pm at The West Real Estate office (386 Main Street, Wilmington). Bring in a new, unwrapped toy or a $10 donation and receive an autographed photo of Boston Bruins alumni Rick Middleton. Bring your cameras! 103.3 AMP FM will be on hand from 2pm to 4pm playing songs and giving away prizes. Have a question? Contact West Real Estate as 978-658-4419 or westrewilm[at]aol.com.
In The Community: The Wilmington United Methodist Church (87 Church Street) is holding an Alternative Gift Fair from 8:45am to 12:30pm in the church’s Conference Room.
Create a new gift-giving tradition, while prioritizing meaning over materials and filling a need for a person or community.
Volunteers from the following organizations will be present to discuss their giving programs:
- Children’s Defense Fund Freedom Schools
- First City Homeless Services
- Heifer International
- National Justice For Our Neighbors
- United Methodist Committee on Relief — Puerto Rico Hurricane Disaster Relief
- UTEC (United Teen Equality Center)
- WUMC Pastor’s Discrentionary Fund
- WUMC Youth Mission Trips
- Youth Villages
Food Shopping: Food shopping in town this week? In case you haven’t seen this week’s circulars, Wilmington Apple has you covered:
- This week’s circular from Market Basket (260 Main Street) can be found HERE.
- This week’s circular from Lucci’s Market (211 Lowell Street) can be found HERE.
- Elia’s Country Store (381 Middlesex Avenue) does not have an online circular, but the store posts its hot entree schedule and other specials on its Facebook page HERE.
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.