WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, December 11, 2017 at 7pm in the Town Hall Auditorium.
There is a good amount of noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will recognize the Wilmington Youth Hockey Midget 1 team for its recent championship
- Selectmen will receive a presentation from RMLD General Manager Coleen O’Brien regarding the department’s successes in 2017 and plans for 2018.
- Selectmen will have a preliminary discussion of the FY19 budget.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide Selectmen with updates on the Butters Row Bridge project and Lowell Street sewer project.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide Selectmen with an update on water testing taking place in Wilmington schools.
- Selectmen will choose a representative to serve on the School Superintendent Search Screening Committee.
- Selectmen will consider the annual approval of licenses for alcoholic beverages, automatic amusement, billiard rooms, Class I vehicle sales, Class II vehicle sales, common victualer, entertainment, and Sunday entertainment.
- Selectmen will review various correspondence recently received regarding National Grid, Comcast, and Verizon.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next two weeks. Wilmington Apple typically live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Selectmen will have an Executive Session meeting between 6pm and 7pm to discuss collecting bargaining with firefighter unions and review old Executive Session minutes.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.