WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a round-up of what’s going on in Wilmington on Tuesday, October 10, 2017:
In The News:
- Happy Birthday!: Happy 100th Birthday to Ann Etheline Butters, the oldest member of the oldest family in town. The Wilmington Town Crier was present for her recent birthday party.
- Different Direction: At its latest meeting, the Wilmington School Committee selected the New England School Development Council (NESDEC) as the search firm to assist in its Superintendent Search. The other finalist firm — the Massachusetts Association of School Committees (MASC) — assisted the School Committee in its most recent search that yielded former Superintendent Mary DeLai. The Wilmington Town Crier has a brief recap HERE.
- Weather: Sunny, with a high near 80. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- At Town Hall: The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets at 7pm in the Town Hall’s Auditorium. A discussion on the town’s affordable housing efforts, as well as the Town Counsel’s opinion on the zoning questions involving the detox center proposal, is on the agenda.
- In The Community: The Tewksbury/Wilmington Elks holds bingo — open to the public — every Tuesday at 6:45pm. Doors open at 5pm. Pizza, hot dog and pastries are sold. Free coffee.
- In The Community (Part 2): Angels In Motion meets every Tuesday, from 9:30am to 2:30pm, at the Wilmington Knights of Columbus Hall (112 Middlesex Avenue). The club provides a great opportunity for seniors to meet new friends or reacquaint with old ones. A luncheon is served as noon. Free. Handicapped accessible.
- Live Music: Larry Gilbert performs at Rocco’s Restaurant & Bar (193 Main Street) beginning at 6pm.
- At The Library: Story time for three-year-olds at 9:30am and four-year-olds at 10:30am. Art Adventures: Haunted Silhouettes at 3:45pm. Learn How To Play The Ukulele at 7pm. [Learn more and register HERE.]
- At The Senior Center: Walking Group at 9am. Zumba at 9am. Aerobics at 10:30am. Wii Bowling at 12:30pm. Mahjong at 1pm. Ukulele Class at 1pm. Yoga at 2:30pm. [Learn more HERE.]
- At The Town Museum: The Town Museum on Salem Street is open today from 10am to 2pm.
- At The Town Museum (Pt. 2): The Wilmington Historical Commission meets at 7pm at the Town Museum. The upcoming Haunted Woods event and Holiday Social are on the agenda.
- On WCTV: Last Week, WCTV released its coverage of the WHS Boys Varsity Soccer team against Watertown High. Wilmington lost, 2-1. Watch the game HERE.
- Go Wildcats!: 5 Wilmington High teams are in action today, including a Boys & Girls Cross Country Meet at Wilmington High against Stoneham at 3:30pm. [See the complete schedule HERE.]
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.