WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 7pm in the Wilmington Town Hall Auditorium:
There is a good amount of noteworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will hear from Planning Director Valerie Gingrich on affordable housing and its implications on development and zoning.
- Selectmen will hear a presentation from Friendship Lodge Master Mario Marchese, discussing the organization’s community involvement.
- Selectmen will consider changes to the planning board application fee schedule.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Town Manager regarding the detox medical center proposal, plus a legal opinion from Town Counsel regarding the zoning questions surrounding the proposal.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from the Town Manager concerning Global Partners, announcing the company is no longer seeking to build a gas station at the corner of West Street and Lowell Street.
- Selectmen will receive a memo from Library Director Tina Stewart regarding the success of the Mass Memories Road Show.
- Selectmen will receive an update on the application local organizations must use to request use of the Town Common.
- Selectmen will consider appointing Eric R. Randall as a Constable.
- Selectmen will consider appointing Jeannette Corbett to the Wilmington Cultural Council.
- Selectmen will consider a request from the Wilmington United Methodist Church to furnish two lawn signs on the Town Common for one week.
Selectmen will meet in Executive Session from 6pm to 7pm to discuss litigation surrounding the sale of Ristuccia Arena.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next week. Wilmington Apple typically live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.