WILMINGTON, MA — Below is a round-up of what’s going on in Wilmington on Wednesday, October 4, 2017:
In The News:
- Wilmington Touched By Las Vegas Shooting: Wilmington resident Michael Stuart was a survivor of the Las Vegas mass shooting. “In a horrible situation, it was good to see the humanity and people helping each other out,” Stuart shared with NECN. Stuart was at the concert with a group of Wilmington natives. All were injured. Stuart’s friend — Wilmington resident Barbara Langone — was able to use the power of social media to track down a good samaritan who protected her during the attack.
- The Anthem Must Go On: When the PA system failed during the National Anthem at last Thursday’s WHS Football Game, the crowd took over. Watch the video, which has gone viral with more than 7,000 views on Facebook, courtesy of Wilmington Community Television:
- Weather: Sunny, with a high near 79. Southwest wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Flags At Half Staff: Flags are at half-staff until sunset on Friday, October 6 in memory of the victims of the Las Vegas attack, which included a Tewksbury mom.
- At Town Hall: The Wilmington Conservation Commission meets at 7pm in Room 9. Read the agenda HERE.
- Yardwaste: The Town’s Recycling Center (Old Main Street) is open from 8am to 2pm for leaf and brush drop-off. Read more HERE.
- In The Community: The Wilmington Police Department offers safety seat installs at the Wilmington Public Safety Building (1 Adelaide Street) every Wednesday, 10am-2pm. No appointment is necessary, but calling ahead at 978-658-5071 is recommended. Learn more HERE.
- In The Community (Part 2): The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. All books are $2 or less! Every penny of every sale benefits the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
- At The Library: Baby times at 9:30am. Storytime for preschoolers at 10:30am. Tech Help Drop-In from 2pm to 3pm. Book Club for Kindergarteners at 3:45pm. “Reading Our Way Across The U.S.A.” show with Judy Pancoast at 6:30pm. Tech workshop at 7pm. [Learn more and register HERE.]
- At The Senior Center: Craft class at 9am. SBF Exercise at 9:45am. Special Exercise at 11am. Line dancing at 1pm. Cards at 1:30pm. Fun Singers rehearsal at 3pm. Sign up for field trip to Kimball Farms begins. [Learn more HERE.]
- On WCTV: On Tuesday, WCTV uploaded its coverage of last Thursday night’s WHS Football Game between Wilmington and Melrose — a clash of two 3-0 teams. Watch the game HERE.
- In The Schools: The Wilmington Band Parents Association holds its monthly meeting at 7pm at Wilmington High.
- Go Wildcats!: 5 Wilmington High teams are in action today, including Varsity Boys Soccer at Winchester at 3:45pm and Varsity Girls Soccer hosting Winchester at 3:45pm. [See the complete schedule HERE.]
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing email@example.com. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.