WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Elderly Services Commission held its monthly meeting at the Senior Center on Thursday, September 21.
Some key highlights included:
- Mark Ryan was elected Chair and Gail Protopapas was elected Vice Chair.
- The Center has a new television in the lobby, highlighting Center activities.
- The Center’s new van should be ready within the next few weeks.
- The American Legion Post 136 is hosting a supper for seniors at the Center on October 16.
- The Center has applied for a grant through Lahey Clinic to hold a monthly Memory Cafe. Even if the grant is not secured, the Center may go ahead and hold the series.
- Mark Ryan noted that WCTV would be teaching seniors on how to use social media on Wednesday, September 27 at 7pm at WCTV Headquarters (10 Waltham Street.)
Watch the full meeting, courtesy of Wilmington Community Television, below:
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.