WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Substance Abuse Coalition is holding a Candlelight Vigil on Thursday, October 5, from 6pm to 8pm, on the Wilmington Town Common.
The vigil gives residents of Wilmington and surrounding communities an opportunity to remember those they have lost to the disease of addiction and to come together to reduce the stigma associated with addiction.
This night of healing and hope will include:
- Pastor Travis from the Wilmington United Methodist Church will lead participants in a prayer
- The Wilmington Police Department will be on hand with information
- Addicts in recovery speaking about their story & share experiences
- Community resource table showing substance abuse organizations in the area
- Learn2Cope, Alicia’s Angels, Magnolia New Beginnings, Matt Ganem of Banyon Treatment Center, Brady’s Foundation, Dean’s House, Lahey Behavioral Health and HCRC
- Music by Vin Colella, Steve Dineen, Rene Marcou, and John Murphy
- Mary Giroux will speak and give closing remarks
- Slideshow in honor of our lost loved ones
If you would like your loved one’s name read, please send information (name, age, date of passing, and town) and photo to Samantha Reif at sreif[at]wpd.org.
The event’s organizers wish to thanks Mary Giroux of Remax Encore, Floral Dreams and WHS volunteers.
Join the Facebook event HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.