WOBURN, MA — Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan, in partnership with Lahey Health, Winchester Hospital and Woburn Police, is hosting a free back-to-school safety day to remind parents and kids of important safety tips as they start the school year.
The event will take place Saturday, September 23, from 10am to 1pm, at Kennedy Middle School in Woburn (41 Middle Street).
The event will include:
- Information booths hosted by the District Attorney’s Office and community partners to receive resources on bullying, cyber-safety, bike safety and more as they prepare for back-to-school
- More than 50 emergency vehicles from public and private partners across the state including S.W.A.T. Trucks, Military Humvees, Motorcycles, Fire Trucks; Rescue Boats and much more
- K-9 demonstrations by trained speciality dogs and their law enforcement handlers.
- Amber Alert Child ID kits from the Massachusetts State Police
- Car seat inspections and installations
- New this year, the Boston Bruins Foundation will be hosting fitness stations for children. Participants will receive a certificate signed by Blades, the Bruins mascot, and a BFit wristband
(NOTE: The above press release is from the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.