WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Recreation Department is prepping for a basketball season that is sure to be amazing! Don’t miss out on these opportunities to involve your family in some hoop action!
The deadline for the Rec. Basketball League is Thursday, October 5 – register now ONLINE, over the phone by calling 978-658-4270 or visit the Recreation Office between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays.
Additional information can be found in our latest edition of ‘Recreation Matters’ (https://www.wilmingtonma.gov/sites/wilmingtonma/files/uploads/2017fallr1.pdf)
You can find the link for online registration HERE.
REC. BASKETBALL LEAGUE (WRBL)
Grades 3 – 8, $85, December 2 – February 10, no 12/23 or 12/30. This will mark the 55th year for Wilmington Recreation Basketball! There are 9 Saturday games and one weeknight practice each week, with separate divisions for boys and girls. Registration deadline is Thursday, October 5. Late registrations will be accepted based on availability; late registrants pay a $20 fee. Volunteer coaches are needed.
Kinder Basketball (Ages 4 – Kindergarten)
- $35, 4 Weeks, Saturdays, October 21 – November 18, no 11/11, West Int. School Gym.
- Choose from: 8:30 – 9:20 a.m., 9:30 – 10:20 a.m., 10:30 – 11:20 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.
- It all starts here! Learn and best of all – have a “ball”! Parents are invited to attend part of the last class for a demonstration of the newly skills!
Jr. Basketball (Grades 1 – 2)
- $40, 6 Weeks, Saturdays, January 6 – February 10, Shawsheen School Gym.
- This instructional league introduces the basics. Teams play a staggered schedule of hourly sessions that include drills and scrimmages.
- Registration deadline is Thursday, November 9.
High School Hoops! (Grades 9 – 12)
- $25. An opportunity to play basketball in the winter. Keep in shape and have fun playing some organized pick-up!
- Freshmen/Sophomore: Mondays, November 27 – February 5, no 12/25, 1/1 or 1/15, 8 – 9:30 p.m.
- Junior/Senior: Thursdays, November 30 – February 1, no 12/28, 8 – 9:30 p.m.
Coach Clinic (Grades 9 – Adult)
- Free, Shawsheen School Gym
- Choice of Tuesday, October 3 or Wednesday, October 11, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- This class is mandatory for all first-time student volunteers who would like to be Recreation Basketball coaches or assistant coaches to earn community service hours, and is recommended for any coaches wishing to improve their skills. Learn to run a fun and effective practice, review the rules we play by and get some tips for game day.
Referee Clinic (Age 15 – Adult, must be 16 by 12/1/17)
- Free, Shawsheen School, Tuesdays, November 7 and 14, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Learn or review the skills necessary to be a Recreation basketball referee. The Clinic will include classroom instruction and floor work. Priority hiring for WRBL referee positions will be given to those who attend the clinic.
Adult Open Gym (Ages 18 and up)
- $5 per night, 18 weeks, Woburn St. School Gym
- Wednesdays, December 6 – April 25, no 12/27, 2/21 or 4/18, 8 – 9:30 p.m.
- Drop in for an informal night of pick-up basketball.
(NOTE: The above announcement is from the Wilmington Recreation Department.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.