WILMINGTON, MA — Here are FIVE things you need to know in Wilmington for Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
#1) According to the National Weather Service, Wilmington will see showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog between 2pm and 3pm. High near 75. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
#2) The Wilmington Conservation Commission meets at 7pm at Wilmington Town Hall, Room 9. Read the agenda HERE.
#3) The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding FIVE programs today:
- Wednesday Baby Times (9:30am-10am)
- Preschool Storytime (10:30am-11am)
- Tech Help Drop-In (2pm-3pm)
- Kindergarten Book Club (3:45pm-4:45pm)
- Tech Workshop: Alternatives To Cable (7pm-8:30pm)
Learn more and register HERE.
#4) The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding its regular Wednesday activities today:
- Craft Class (9am)
- SBF Exercise (9:45am)
- Special Exercise (11am)
- Country Line Dancing (1pm)
- Cards (1:30pm)
- The Fun Singers (3pm)
Learn more HERE.
#5) Lots of WHS teams are in action today:
- 3:45 pm (H) Girls Freshman Volleyball (Woburn) @ Wilmington High School
- 3:45 pm (H) Boys Varsity Soccer (Woburn) @ Wilm – North School
- 3:45 pm (H) Boys JV Soccer (Woburn) @ Woburn Street School
- 3:45 pm (A) Girls JV Soccer (Woburn) @ Joyce Middle School
- 3:45 pm (H) Boys Varsity Golf vs Winchester High School @ Hillview Country Club
- 4:00 pm (H) Girls JV Volleyball (Woburn) @ Wilmington High School
- 5:00 pm (H) Girls Varsity Volleyball (Woburn) @ Wilmington High School
- 5:30 pm (A) Girls Varsity Soccer (Woburn) @ Woburn High School
PLUS: The Wilmington Police Department offers safety seat installs at the Wilmington Public Safety Building (1 Adelaide Street) every Wednesday, 10am-2pm. No appointment is necessary, but calling ahead at 978-658-5071 is recommended. Learn more HERE.
PLUS: The Friends of the Wilmington Memorial Library’s Book Store Next Door (183 Middlesex Avenue) is open from 10am to 4pm. All books are $2 or less! Every penny of every sale benefits the Wilmington Memorial Library. Learn more HERE.
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.