WILMINGTON, MA — Here are FIVE things you need to know in Wilmington for Thursday, August 10, 2017.
#1) According to the National Weather Service, it will be sunny in Wilmington, with a high near 84. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon.
#2) Pianist Ricky Lauria performs at Tremezzo (2 Lowell Street) at 8pm.
#3) Larry Gilbert performs at Rocco’s Restaurant & Bar (193 Main Street) beginning at 6pm.
#4) The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding FOUR programs today:
- Baby Times (9:30am-10:15am)
- Time For Twos (10:30am-11:15am)
- Middle Ground Book Club (3:30pm-4:30pm)
- SUMMER BASH at Swain Green (5pm-7:30pm)
- Bring your lawn chairs and your blankets! Relax and enjoy dinner from the Amigos Locos Tex-Mex or Wildfire BBQ food trucks (affordable prices plus kid’s menu) followed by a refreshing Richie’s slush ($1). Music will be provided by Quentin Callewaert, the young musician who delighted the audience last year. Children’s games and entertainment will be part of the evening’s festivities.
Learn more and register HERE.
#5) The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding its typical Thursday activities, including:
- Walking Group (9am)
- Bocce (9:30am)
- Art Class (10am)
- Aerobics (10:30am)
- Knitting (11am)
- Game Day (1pm)
Learn more HERE.
PLUS: The Town Beach is open today. Lifeguards are on duty from 10am to 8pm. Admission is FREE for residents. Proof of residency is required. Learn more HERE.
(NOTE: What did I miss? Let me know by commenting below, commenting on the Facebook page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I may be able to update this post.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.