WILMINGTON, MA — At its most recent meeting, the Wilmington School Committee approved an updated 2017-2018 School Calendar after a miscounting error was realized.
The new last day of school, if all five built-in snow days are used, is Tuesday, June 19, 2018, NOT Wednesday, June 20, 2018. The error occurred due to a typo involving the number of schools days in March 2018 — 21 days, not 20 as originally counted.
The new calendar, which — as of this writing — does not appear to be up on the district’s website yet, can be seen below:
Some key points include:
- First day of school for Grades 1-12 is Tuesday, August 29
- First day of school for Kindergarten is Tuesday, September 5
- School will be closed on Election Day (Tuesday, November 7) for a Professional Development Day. Districts in the area are collaborating professional development efforts on that day.
- There will be an Early Release Day on Friday, December 22, leading into Winter Vacation.
- School is closed on Friday, March 30 in observance of Good Friday.
- Last day of school is Tuesday, June 19, assuming all 5 built-in snow days are used. And that day will see an early dismissal.
(NOTE: Wilmington Apple previously reported on the release of the original calendar. That post has been updated.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.