WILMINGTON, MA – At Wednesday night’s School Committee Meeting, WHS Athletic Director Tim Alberts gave a brief synopsis of the school’s 2017 spring season.
Alberts’ written report recognized the 22 Wilmington High student athletes who attained Middlesex League All-Star status:
- Russell Abbott (Boys Track, Triple Jump)
- Jared Aucoin (Baseball)
- David Bell (Boys Track, 100m)
- Olivia Carpentino (Girls Lacrosse)
- Jennifer Dovidio (Softball)
- Emma Garrity (Girls Track, 800m)
- Dan Gracia (Baseball) — also named League MVP
- Chris Grecco (Baseball)
- Emily Hill (Girls Tennis)
- Shannon Horgan (Softball)
- Dan Judkins (Boys Track, 400m Hurdles)
- Tate Kennedy (Boys Track, Javelin)
- Bella Lamothe (Girls Lacrosse)
- Alexcia Luna (Girls Track, 200m)
- Ally Moran (Softball)
- Matt Rideout (Baseball)
- Tyler Roberts (Boys Lacrosse)
- Carolyn Roney (Girls Tennis)
- Amie Russell (Girls Track, Discus)
- Ray Russell (Boys Track, 1 mile)
- Graham Smith (Baseball)
- Christina Woods (Girls Tennis)
- Tom Worob (Baseball)
Some of the spring season’s highlights include a Middlesex League Freedom Division Championship for the WHS Baseball team (12-4), a 2nd place finish in the Middlesex League Freedom Division and playoff win for the WHS Softball Team (14-6), and the first playoff win in program history for the WHS Girls Tennis Team (11-6).
Alberts also discussed recent community service activity of each team, including: Girls and Boys Lacrosse programs each participated in a Coaches vs. Cancer game to benefit the American Cancer Society; Softball and Baseball program each participated in a Pediatric Cancer Awareness Game; all teams donated sporting goods to the MIAA Sporting Goods Drive; students volunteered at the Yentile Farm Open House; and multiple teams have committed to participating in this summers ALS Ice Bucket Challenge organized by the Wilmington Rotary Club.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.