WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will recognize retiring Wilmington Public School employees.
- The School Committee will review changes to the Wilmington Middle School and Wilmington High School handbooks for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The School Committee will have an initial discussion on the school district’s homework policy.
- The School Committee will receive a report from Alice Brown-Legrand on a Signs for Suicide Prevention program.
- The School Committee will receive a report from Food Services Director Mary Palen on her department’s activities over the past school year.
- The School Committee will receive a report from Athletic Director Tim Alberts on spring athletics.
- The School Committee will consider adopting a slightly altered 2017-2018 school year calendar.
- The School Committee will have a discussion regarding the naming process for school facilities.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation from iPods for Wounded Veterans Found Paul Cardello, who will discuss the school district’s participation with the organization.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation from Woburn Street School students.
- The School Committee will receive information on the new district’s new Summer Technology Academy.
- The School Committee will consider approving $4,163 in Technology Grants and $2,243.54 in Miscellaneous Grants from the Wilmington Educational Foundation.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting. Wilmington Apple also intends on live-tweeting the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.