WILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington Public Schools held its 1st Annual Special Olympics on Thursday, April 27 at Wilmington High School. Students of all ages and grades, from Wilmington and Burlington, participated in an assortment of track and field events and sports “skills & drills” stations.
Wilmington Community Television was on hand to cover the event.
Watch highlights from the opening ceremony and the games, plus brief interviews with:
- WHS Special Education Teacher Diana Hill, an organizer of the event
- Wilmington Director of Student Services Jen Mahon
- Wilmington Athletic Director Tim Alberts
- Wilmington School Committee members Steve Bjork and Jennifer Bryson
- Patti Doherty, Director of Schools and Youth Engagement for the Special Olympics of Massachusetts, who had high praise for the event,
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.