WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School. (NOTE: There is an Executive Session scheduled for 6:30pm. The Committee has started its meeting before 7pm in the past if it wraps up its Executive Session early.)
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will reorganize and choose its next Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary.
- The School Committee will receive an update on the work that DPW and Public Buildings has planned for the schools this summer and fall.
- The School Committee will consider a change to the district’s policy regarding ‘Administering Prescription and Non-Prescription Medication to Students’ (Policy JLCD).
- The School Committee will consider adopting a new district policy regarding ‘Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral To Treatment (SBIRT)’.
- The School Committee will receive a report on the district’s Revolving Accounts.
- The Superintendent’s Report, School Committee’s Subcommittee Reports, and the School Committee’s Student Representative Report are also all on the agenda.
- It’s not explicitly on the agenda, but an update on the ‘paused’ Superintendent Search may be given.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting. Wilmington Apple also intends on live-tweeting the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.