WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this Monday, April 24, 2017 at 7pm in Room 9 of Town Hall. (A 6pm Executive Session precedes the public portion of the meeting.)
There is a lot on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will reorganize and appoint a new chairman.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will discuss how the town will attempt to provide substance abuse services to residents.
- Selectmen will discuss the assignment of motions for the Town Meeting warrant articles.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide Selectmen with an update regarding his upcoming appointments and reappointments to various boards and positions.
- Selectmen will recognize the championship Wilmington Youth Hockey Girls U10 team.
- Selectmen will receive a written update from the EPA regarding clean-up at the Olin site.
- Selectmen will receive a letter of appreciation from Wilmington Little League President Rick Hill.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Teresa Castellano to conduct a 5K Road Race in Memory of Tony Alonardo.
- Selectmen will consider the request of the new owner of Sweet Pizza to obtain a common victualer license.
- Selectmen will hold a public hearing and consider the request to transfer an all alcohol license from the old owner of Wilmington Plaza Wine & Spirits to the new owner.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Debora Potter, of Boston Auctions and Antiques, for an Annual Auctioneer’s License.
- Selectmen will consider a request of Paul Bruce, Jr., Ronald M. DiGiorgio and John J. Ruehrwein to be reappointed as constables.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also be streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next week. Wilmington Apple typically live-tweets the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.