WILMINGTON, MA — The sun is shining, windows are down, the puddles are drying up…that must mean that Spring has finally sprung!
In the next few weeks, the Wilmington Recreation Department has so many exciting activities that you’ll be hard pressed to find something that doesn’t suit your taste.
- This Friday, April 14 from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m., create your own Easter Holiday Centerpiece at a class offered by Given Erwin Florist for only $42 per person. You will decorate a basket with tulips, iris, daffodils, and more! All materials provided.
- For 5 weeks beginning May 4, adults and kids can take take part in Spring Tennis lessons! For $60, 1-hour lessons are held on Thursday evenings at the Shawsheen School tennis courts: Grades K – 1 at 4:30 p.m., Grades 2 – 4 at 5:30 p.m., and Adults at 6:30 p.m.
- The next 8-week session of Learn to Skate programs begin Friday, May 5. For $135, your youngster can take part in the traditional Learn to Skate Class (Ages 4+), available class times are 4 – 4:50 p.m. or 5:20 – 6:10 p.m. Or, for someone who has a basic skating ability, you may want to consider the NEW Hockey Skills Clinic (Ages 5+), available from 4 – 4:50 p.m. In this new program, crossovers, edge-work, power and speed will be emphasized along with shooting and stickhandling skills. Full hockey gear is required.
- The popular “Paint Night!” class is returning to the Town Hall Auditorium for 2 weeks, May 11 and 18, from 6 – 8 p.m. For $52, a talented instructor will help channel your inner Monet as you create a beautiful lighthouse scene using oils on canvas. All materials are provided, and a preview of the art project is on display in the Recreation Office.
- Don’t forget that Mother’s Day is also right around the corner! On Friday, May 12 we are offering another floral class at Given Erwin Florist where you will create a Mother’s Day Gift arrangement using a tea cup, saucer, spray roses and orchids. For only $42, sign up for this class to make that special woman in your life something creative from the heart. Or, this could be a great gift idea if she is the artistic one in your family! All materials provided.
For more details or to register for any of the Recreation Department’s programs, please call them at 978-658-4270, visit their website (www.wilmingtonma.gov/recreation) or stop by Town Hall Room 8 where they’ll be happy to assist you.
(NOTE: The above announcement is from the Wilmington Recreation Department.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.