WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will hold a public hearing on the school department’s FY18 proposed budget. This provides residents and taxpayers an opportunity to speak out or ask questions about the proposed budget. (Review the budget HERE.) The hearing will take place at 7:30pm. The Committee will then vote on the budget.
- The School Committee will provide an update on its Superintendent Search.
- The School Committee will discuss the future school options under consideration by the town’s Facilities Master Plan Committee.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation on the 2017-2018 Wilmington High School’s Program of Studies.
- The School Committee will review the proposed 2017-2018 School Calendar.
- The School Committee will receive an update from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges regarding the high school’s accreditation status and continued progress it’s making.
- The School Committee will consider approving a WHS Field Trip to Greece/Italy during April 2018.
- The School Committee will consider accepting a $700 Target Field Trip grant.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting. Wilmington Apple also intends on live-tweeting the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.