WILMINGTON, MA — Here are 8 things you need to know in Wilmington for Monday, October 17, 2016.
#1) According to the National Weather Service, it will be partly sunny, with a high near 74, in Wilmington. Calm wind.
#2) TODAY is the DEADLINE to submit grant applications to the Wilmington Arts Center for the coming year. The Council intends on distributing nearly $5,000 in grant monies. Learn more HERE.
#3) The Wilmington Housing Authority meets at 5pm at Deming Way’s Community Hall. Read the agenda HERE.
#4) The Wilmington Memorial Library (175 Middlesex Avenue) is holding TWO programs:
- Exploration Station: Space (10am-10:45am)
- Read To Zoey The Listening Labrador (6:30pm-7:30pm)
Learn more and register HERE.
#5) The Wilmington Senior Center (15 School Street) is holding its typical Monday activities:
- Blood Pressure Clinic (9:30am)
- SBF Exercise (9:45am)
- Special Exercise (11am)
- Quilting (1pm)
Learn more HERE.
#6) Several Wilmington High School sports teams are in action:
- 3:45 pm – BOYS Freshman Soccer vs Wakefield (at Woburn Street School)
- 3:45 pm – GIRLS Freshman Soccer @ Wakefield
- 4:00 pm – GIRLS Varsity Volleyball vs Melrose (at Wilmington High)
- 4:30 pm – GIRLS JV Field Hockey vs Wakefield (at Wilmington High)
- 5:15 pm – GIRLS Freshman Volleyball vs Melrose (at Wilmington High)
- 5:15 pm – GIRLS JV Volleyball vs Melrose (at Wilmington High)
- 6:00 pm – GIRLS Varsity Field Hockey vs Wakefield (at Wilmington High)
#7) Red Heat Tavern (300 Lowell Street) is running its regular Monday special — “Mac Your Mondays.” Customers can create their own mac & cheese all day on Mondays. Customers receive $2 off when the post their dish with the hashtag #RHTMAC on Facebook or Instagram. See the poster HERE.
#8) The Wilmington Middle School PAC meets at 6:30pm in the WMS Library.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.