WILMINGTON, MA — Team Lydon, of Wilmington, will again be participating in the 14th Annual Walk of Hope For ALS on Saturday, September 10 at Lake Quinapowett in Wakefield. All proceeds benefit the Angel Fund.
Team Lydon is the family and friends of the Lydon Family of Wilmington. Paul Lydon –the husband of Alice and the father of Joe, Sean, Liam and Molly — passed away in 2010 from ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease). The Team continues remember Paul, support his family, and raise funds for ALS research through the Angel Fund.
The Angel Fund is an amazing organization that gives 99.9% of its funds to Dr. Robert Brown for his ground-breaking research for ALS treatment. His gene treatment will help in the fight against ALS and many other diseases.
So, how can you help?
- Donate directly to Team Lydon HERE.
- Join Team Lydon on the walk! You can sign up as a walker HERE. By signing up, you will receive a swag bag on the day of the race. (Please note this donation goes to the Angel Fund directly and does not affect the Team Lydon fundraising goal.)
- Buy an official Team Lydon walk shirt HERE. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Team Lydon.
- Attend the Wilmington Rotary Club’s Ice Bucket Challenge on Saturday, August 27 at 10am at Rotary Park. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Angel Fund.
- Email this information to everyone in your address book and share on social media to spread the word and make THIS the year that Dr. Brown succeeds!
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.