WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, May 10 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School. (The public meeting is preceded by Executive Session meeting at 6:30pm.)
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will receive a report on the district’s recent parent and family engagement survey.
- The School Committee will be updated on the district’s 1:1 Chromebook program for incoming WHS 9th graders.
- The School Committee will discuss next steps in the Superintendent Evaluation process. The evaluation is typically done at one of the committee’s June meetings.
- The School Committee will review the audit results of the district’s FY15 Financial Report.
- The School Committee will vote to adopt SIX new proposed policies/procedures in the following areas:
- Nondiscrimination (Policy AC)
- Discrimination & Harassment (Procedure AC-R)
- Student Policies Goals (Policy JA-E)
- Student Travel (Policy JJH)
- Field Trips (Policy JOA)
- Financial Reporting (Policy DI)
- The School Committee will accept a donation of $57,730 in technology equipment donations from Comcast.
- Superintendent Mary DeLai will present her bi-weekly report to the Committee.
- School Committee Student Representative Dina Singh is scheduled to give her monthly report to the Committee.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-E — Channel 99 on Comcast and Channel 39 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting. Wilmington Apple intends on live-tweeting the meeting HERE.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.