WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, April 13 at 6pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School. Note the earlier than usual start time.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- Middle School Principal Amy Gerade will present to the School Committee her school’s 2016-2017 Program of Studies.
- Gerade will also make a presentation on the new math program (Pearson/Envisions 2.0) that will be piloted at the Middle School beginning next school year and go into full effect for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Interim Curriculum Coordinator Lisa Ippolito will make a presentation on the Responsive Classroom model, a piece of the district’s K-8 Social Emotional Learning Curriculum.
- The School Committee will review a request for an out-of-state field trip to Montreal for WHS French students on May 26-May 28, 2017.
- The School Committee will honor 6-year member Kathleen Carroll, who will be participating in her final meeting.
- Superintendent Mary DeLai will present her bi-weekly report to the Committee.
- School Committee Student Representative Dina Singh is scheduled to give her monthly report to the Committee.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-E — Channel 99 on Comcast and Channel 39 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report onmany of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.