WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this upcoming Monday, March 28 at 7pm at Town Hall in Room 9.
There is a great deal on the agenda, including:
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will provide an update on the Glen Road, Middlesex Avenue, and Wildwood Street Intersection project.
- Selectmen will receive an update on the Middlesex Canal Commission’s position regarding the forthcoming Town Dog Park at Town Park.
- Selectmen will meet the Town’s new Animal Control Officer Christopher Sullivan.
- Selectmen will hear from Police Chief Michael Begonis regarding a Firearm Training Facility.
- Selectmen will receive an update regarding the controversial New England Trainsrail proposal.
- Selectmen will consider a request of the Wilmington Farmers Market Association to conduct a Farmers Market on the Swain Green on Sundays (10am-1pm), from June 12 to October 9.
- Selectmen will consider a request of the Wilmington Memorial Library to hold an “End of the Summer Reading Bash” on the Swain Green on Thursday, August 11, from 5pm to 8pm.
- Selectmen will consider a request to hold the Memorial Day Parade on Monday, May 30.
- Selectmen will consider the renewal of taxi licenses and hawk & peddle licences to sell ice cream in town.
- Selectmen will consider ratifying the Town Manager’s appointment of Joseph Muse to the Wilmington Historical Commission.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next week.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.