WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets this upcoming Monday, February 22 at 7pm at Town Hall in Room 9.
There is a great deal on the agenda, including:
- Selectmen will review a press release from the Wilmington Fourth of July Committee and correspondence from residents regarding the Fun on the Fourth Celebration.
- Town Manager Jeff Hull will present the Board of Selectmen with a memo addressing the idea of adding associate members to the Board of Appeals.
- Selectmen will review the Annual Town Meeting Warrant Articles submitted by petition.
- Selectmen will hold a preliminary discussion of the (non-petitioned) Annual Town Meeting Warrant Articles brought forth by the Town Manager.
- Selectmen will receive a written update from Town Engineer Paul Alunni regarding the Kinder Morgan pipeline proposal. Selectmen will also receive correspondence from the state’s Department of Public Utilities regarding the company’s request to conduct surveys on private property.
- Selectmen will receive a letter from State Rep. Jim Miceli regarding the Yentile Farm Recreational Facility.
- Selectmen will hear a request from Wilmington Little League Vice President Brian Kane to conduct a Parade on Saturday, April 16, from Town Common to Rotary Park, in conjunction with Opening Day Ceremonies
- Selectmen will hear a request from Wilmington Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Nancy Vallee to conduct the Town of Wilmington’s 12th Annual Half Marathon and 5K Run/Walk on Sunday, September 25. Vallee will also talk about the Chamber’s Scholarships program.
- Selectmen will hear a report from Wilmington’s Director of Elderly Services Theresa Marciello regarding some of the Senior Center’s recent and upcoming programs.
- Selectmen will consider the request of Town Clerk Sharon George to appoint additional election workers.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 39 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next week.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.