WILMINGTON, MA — At this week’s Wilmington Board of Selectmen, Town Manager Jeff Hull announced the dates and time of the Finance Committee’s meetings to review the town’s proposed FY17 budget, department by department.
These meetings are open to the public. They can provide residents with invaluable insight into the finances of each town department.
All meetings, with the exception of February 11, will take place at Town Hall in Room 9. The February 11 meeting will take place at the Wilmington Memorial Library in the Banda Room.
The schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, February 2: FY17 Budget Overview; Information Technology; Revenue; General Government, including debt service, unclassified, statutory charges, insurance accounts and miscellaneous (7pm)
- Thursday, February 4: Planning & Conservation (7pm); Building Inspector/Board of Appeals (7:30pm); Board of Health (8pm)
- Tuesday, February 9: Department of Public Works, including Water & Sewer Divisions (7pm); Public Buildings (8pm)
- Thursday, February 11: Recreation Department (7pm); Public Library (7:30pm); Elderly Services (8pm)
- Tuesday, February 16: Fire Department (7pm)
- Tuesday, February 23: Police Department (7pm); Public Safety Central Dispatch (8pm)
- Thursday, February 25: Veterans’ Services (7pm); Town Clerk (7:30pm); Historical Commission (8pm)
- Thursday, March 3: Shawsheen Technical School District (7pm)
- Tuesday, March 8: Wilmington Public Schools (7pm)
Extra meetings will be scheduled if necessary.
Additional key dates in the FY17 budget process include:
- Monday, February 1: Town Manager will make his Budget Presentation to the Town at a Special Selectmen’s Meeting
- Tuesday, March 15: Finance Committee/Planning Board Public Hearing
- Tuesday, March 22: Finance Committee’s Recommendations Go To Print
- Monday, April 18: Town Meeting Warrant is mailed to residents
- Saturday, April 30: Annual Town Meeting at 10:30am at Wilmington High
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.