WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee, at its meeting last week, unanimously accepted nearly $9,000 in donations to the school system.
The Wilmington Educational Foundation raised nearly $16,000 from its annual Halloween Walk For WEF in October. WEF donated half the amount raised by each participating school BACK to that school. As a result:
- Boutwell Early Childhood Center received $744.25
- Wildwood Early Childhood Center received $932.50
- Woburn Street Elementary School received $1,992.50
- Shawsheen Elementary School received $1,773.53
- West Intermediate School received $1,190.25
- North Intermediate School received $1,253.50
The schools’ principals can use the funds as they see fit to best address needs within their buildings.
The Shawsheen/West Parent Advisory Council (PAC), meanwhile, wished to donate $1,000 to the Shawsheen Elementary School toward the purchase of Chromebooks for in-class use.
Per School Committee policy, donations in excess of $500 must be formally accepted by the Committee.
Watch the very brief discussion, courtesy of Wilmington Community Television, below. It begins near the very beginning of the meeting.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook! Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter! Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE! Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com!