WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Board of Selectmen meets tonight at 7pm at Town Hall in Room 9.
There is a great deal on the agenda, including:
- A public hearing with Town Assessor Karen Rassias regarding local property taxes. Any resident can make a comment or ask a question about the town’s property tax rate at this time.
- A discussion with Town Accountant Mike Morris regarding how the town should invest its OPEB (other post-employment benefits) trust funds.
- An update on the Yentile Farm Project from Chair of the Yentile Farm Development Committee, Selectwoman Judy O’Connell.
- A brief update on the status of the Town’s Open Space & Recreation Plan as it relates to potential grant funding for Yentile Farm
- A brief update on the Town’s FY17 budget process from Town Manager Jeff Hull.
- The announcement of a $71,000 state grant recently awarded to the Town’s Department of Public Works.
- A presentation from Kendal Vaughan, organizer of the Wilmington Supports Recovery Holiday Drive.
- A request to illuminate the Town Common green during the month of December to support veterans.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-G — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 39 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends to report on each of the items above– and any other news that comes from the meeting — over the next week.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook! Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter! Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE! Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.