Below is the latest timeline on the Sean Collier Memorial Playground, as outlined by the Town in a press release earlier this month:
- The existing playground structure at Silver Lake was removed by the Department of Public Works during the week of September 14. (See the photos below from the Silver Lake Facebook page.)
- Footing installation and project preparation will occur on Monday, September 21 and Tuesday, September 22.
- Assembly will begin September 23. The project will be built by Where Angels Play, their volunteers and volunteers from the Wilmington and greater Boston areas.
- Where Angels Play will be holding a local fundraiser at the Tewksbury Elks Lodge, on Friday, September 25, 6PM to 11PM. Tickets may be purchased through the organization and money raised at this event will support the Collier Project and future projects of the foundation.
- The Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is scheduled for Saturday, September 26, at 10AM. The public is welcome.
- Those seeking to support the project by volunteering or through donations are encouraged to contact Where Angels Play at email@example.com or visit http://www.whereangelsplayfoundation.org for more information. For more information about Silver Lake please contact the Town Manager at 978-658-3311.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook! Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter! Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE! Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!