WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Little League Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Registrations for the Spring 2016 Wilmington Little League Baseball & Softball season are now open. You can go to http://www.wilmingtonlittleleague.org and click on the Registration tab on top of the page to be taken to our registration website or go directly to http://wilmingtonlittleleague.sportssignup.com/site.
Big Diamond Baseball
- Seniors – Ages 15-16 (Birthdates 5/1/99 to 8/31/01) (14 yr old Freshman will play Seniors)
- Juniors – Ages 13-14 (Birthdates 9/1/01 to 4/30/03)
Small Diamond Baseball
- Majors – Ages 10,11,12 (Birthdates from 5/1/03 to 12/31/06) *Tryouts required see below
- AAA – Ages 11 & 12 (Birthdates from 5/1/03 to 12/31/05)
- AA – Age 10 (born in 2006)
- A – Age 9 (born in 2007)
- Farm – Age 8 (born in 2008)
- Rookie – Age 7 (born in 2009)
- U8 – Born 1/1/07 to 8/31/09 (All players who are age-eligible for first grade are age-eligible to play U8.)
- U10 – Born in 2005 or 2006
- U12 – Born in 2003 or 2004
- U14* – Born after 8/31/2000 and before 1/1/2003 (All players who are age-eligible for ninth grade are age-eligible to play U14*.)
Majors Tryout Information:
The Majors is a division for higher skilled 10-12 year old players and is highly competitive baseball. Players should only tryout if they are interested in playing in this competitive division. Players are not required to tryout to play in the 2016 season; they only need tryout to be considered for the Majors. Any player that does not tryout or is not selected for a Majors team will be placed on an age appropriate AA/AAA division team for the 2016 season.
Tryouts for our 2016 Majors division will be held on Saturday 9/26, Sunday 9/27 & Saturday 10/3 (rain date 10/4). Tryout times are from 10:00 to 12:00 each day and are limited to the first 40 players at each tryout. Players are put in groups of ten for tryouts with the first ten registering at the field in the morning going first, next ten second, etc. Players need only attend one tryout to be eligible to be selected for a Major division team. All players must be registered in the registration system prior to tryouts in order to participate in the tryouts.
Registration Dates and Cost:
- Until 12/31/2015: $80*-1st player, $40-Ea. additional player *($20 early reg. fee applied at checkout)
- From 1/1/2016 until 1/31/2016: $100-1st player, $50Ea. additional player
- From 1/31/2016 until 3/1/2016: $150 for all Players. No Discounts
- After 3/1/2016 Players may be added to a Waitlist.
*To receive Multi-player discount the multiple players must be registered at the same checkout time. This discount can be combined w/Softball registrations)
**Any new players to the program will need to show a birth certificate. We will have walk-in registration time this Fall at a TBD date/time where this can be done.
Any questions? Email to firstname.lastname@example.org for baseball or email@example.com for softball.
(NOTE: The above was submitted by Wilmington Little League.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook! Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter! Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE! Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.