WILMINGTON, MA — Coming this September, runners are invited to Wilmington as the Chamber of Commerce will host the 11th running of their Half Marathon & 5K Run or Walk on Sunday, September 27, 2015.
Conveniently located north of Boston, only 1/2 mile off Rt 93 on Rt 62, the run will start at Waltham Street and wind through Wilmington’s scenic back roads to finish back at the start. There is ample free parking. The Half (13.1 miles) and 5K (3.1 miles) are on courses that are USATF certified and flat, fast and well marked. Over 600 athletes participate each year.
Entry fees are:
- Half Marathon – $30 Pre-Registration / $35 Race Day
- 5K Run/Walk – $20 Pre-Registration / $25 Race Day
- Students (18 and younger) – $15
- 8:00 am – 9:30 am – Registration and Sign-in
- 9:30 am – 9:45 am – Racers/Walkers to Start Lines at 10 Waltham St.
- 10:00 – Shotgun Start for both races.
- Both races finish at 10 Waltham St.
Three Ways to Register:
- Online by 9/24: http://www.RaceWire.com (by credit card)
- Mail registration form & check made payable to: Wilmington Chamber of Commerce, 226 Lowell St., Wilmington, MA 01887. (Visit www.wilmingtonmachamber.com to download registration form.)
- Race Day registration begins at 8:00 am
Saturday, 9/26, from 10 am – 2 pm at the Race Site OR on Race Day from 8 am – 9:30 am
Race Amenities & Perks:
- USATF Certified Courses
- Professional B-Chip Timing
- Race T-Shirt (guaranteed for first 500 pre-registrants)
- Mile Splits & Water Stops
- Cash Prizes for Top Overall Finishers
- Awards to Top 3 Race / Age / Gender
- Trophies to Top Teams
- Ribbons to All Participants
Family Fun Festivities include:
- Music & Entertainment
- Hot Dogs
- Ice Cream
- Bouncy House
- Face Painting
- Sponsor Booths & Giveaways
The Epilepsy Foundation New England Donation Center will be at the race collecting gently used clothing for New England children and families living with epilepsy.
- Colonial Fireplace
- Security Innovation
- Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry
Businesses interested in sponsorship and race day table set-up are encouraged to contact the Chamber by August 14. Portion of proceeds benefit Scholarships for Wilmington Students. Contact the Chamber at 978-657-7211 for additional details or visit: www.WilmingtonMAChamber.com
Post Race Parties:
Runners who show their race bib on 9/27 at Red Heat Tavern (300 Lowell Street) and Tremezzo Ristorante (2 Lowell Street) will receive ½ off appetizers.
Two Teams Gather To Honor Loved Ones:
For the 6th year, “Team Kelli” Family & Friends will reunite to run/walk in memory of Kelli Agati Murray. Kelli passed away in June, 2010 leaving behind five beautiful children and a town filled with family & friends. Race proceeds are used each year to fund two scholarships in Kelli’s name which are presented by Pat Agati in May.
For the 2nd year, “Team Collier Strong” Family & Friends will gather to run/walk in memory of fallen hero Sean Collier. Sean, Wilmington native and MIT police officer, was killed in the line of duty in April 2013. The Chamber will donate a portion of the race proceeds to the “Sean Collier Scholarship Fund.”
(NOTE: The above press release is from the Wilmington Chamber of Commerce.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook! Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter! Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE! Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.