WILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington Public Schools recently published its 2015 summer reading requirements HERE.
- Students entering Grades 1-5 have suggested reading lists.
- Grade 6 students are required to read Wonder by RJ Palacio OR El Deafo by Cece Bell.
- Grade 7 students are required to read Counting by 7’s by Holly Goldberg Sloan OR Curve Ball by Jordan Sonnenblick
- Grade 8 students are required to read See You At Harry’s by Jo Knowles OR The Walk On by John Feinstein.
- Grade 9 & 10 students are required to read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Hark Haddon OR Every Day by David Levithan.
- Grade 11 & 12 students are required to read Tell The Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt OR David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants by Malcolm Gladwell.
- In addition, high school HONOR students are required read a SECOND book: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (Grade 9), All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (Grade 10), East of Eden by John Steinbeck (Grade 11), and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (Grade 12).