(Below is an announcement published in the latest newsletter from the Wilmington Elderly Services Department.)
COMPUTER CLASSES FOR APRIL 2015
“Learning how to use a computer can be an exciting experience to an elderly person. Using the computer afterwards can be even more exhilarating.” (Grace Covelli)
Is this you? You are a person who knows little or nothing about computers. You hear yourself say that “I’m too old” or that “computers are a fad”. You may say that you have someone who can help you, so why should you bother to learn”? The problem is when you do ask for help, those folks suddenly become very “busy” or after a short while, they get frustrated with your questions and the session quickly comes to an end. Another thing that may deter some seniors from using a computer is the thought that computers are complicated machines and they are incapable of operating. This is simply not true!
Here are five reasons why you should learn how to use a Computer.
- To connect with Family and Friends: A PC (computer) is a tool you can use to stay contacted with family members & friends. You can use email messages & pictures can be exchanged.
- To establish New Acquaintances: Some seniors live alone and may feel isolated and disconnected. A computer can help such a person make new friends.
- To quickly find important information: A computer can help find valuable and even life-saving information. It’s all there at the touch of your fingertips.
- To save money: With a computer, online coupons can be printed, bills can be paid, and shopping can be done.
- To play fun games: Many entertaining free games are available. There are many games that are brain stimulators and these may benefit any senior.
Just remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day! None of the above is attainable unless you start with that first step. Decide to do it and call today.
We have set aside four classes where we can help get you started. We’ll answer all the computer questions you have. All you need to do is sign up, so ask at or call the front desk.
The classes will be held on four consecutive Thursday’s starting April 9th . Please call 978-657-7595 now to reserve a seat. (April 9, 16, 23 & 30th) It all starts with you making that call!
(NOTE: Senior Center Spotlight is a weekly feature that will run every Tuesday on Wilmington Apple.)