EARLY CHILDHOOD KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Children entering the Wilmington Public Schools, either Kindergarten or First Grade, must register during
WEEK OF MARCH 9 – 13, 2015
WILDWOOD EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER
9:00-11:00 am and 12:45-2:45 pm
BOUTWELL EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER
8:30-10:30 am and 12:15-2:15 pm
If your child reaches age five (5) on or before August 31, 2015 he/she should register for Kindergarten at this time.
If your child reaches age six (6) on or before August 31, 2015 he/she should register for First Grade at this time, if not already attending a Wilmington Public School Kindergarten program.
In accordance with School Committee policy, no child will be registered to enter first grade if he/she has not turned six (6) prior to August 31, 2015 even if they have completed a kindergarten program elsewhere.
The following items must be presented at the time of registration:
- I. Original birth certificate with official seal
- II. Proof of Residency (one of the following items)
- Record of recent mortgage payment and/or property tax bill
- Fully signed and executed Lease and/or Rental Agreement (Must be executed by both parties)
- Notarized Landlord/Owner of Property Affidavit (please refer to district’s website and click on RESIDENCY POLICY & PROCEDURES to print form to be used “Residency Statement/Affidavit”)
- Fully signed and executed Purchase and Sale (P&S) Agreement (provided occupancy date occurs within 30 days of enrollment)
- Section 8 Agreement
- III. Proof of Occupancy (one of the following items)
- Gas/Oil Bill, Electric Bill, Home (not cell) Telephone Bill, Cable Bill, Water Bill (Note: Bill must be dated within the past 45 days and address and name must be stated)
- Recent bill (other than that stated above dated within the past 45 days showing Wilmington address and name. However, a Residency Statement/Affidavit is REQUIRED with this option. Please refer to the district’s website and click on RESIDENCY POLICY & PROCEDURES to print form to be used)
- Occupancy Statement/Affidavit must be notarized if a bill can not be provided prior to student’s enrollment (please refer to the district’s website and click on RESIDENCY POLICY & PROCEDURES to print form to be used “Occupancy Statement/Affidavit”)
- IV. Proof of Identity (one of the following items)
- Valid MA Driver’s License
- Valid MA Photo ID Card
- Valid Passport
- Other Government issued Photo ID
NOTE: Parents registering children for Kindergarten will also register at this time for the Early Childhood Kindergarten/Preschool screening. This screening will be conducted in May, further information will be provided at the time of registration. Also, screening is available to three (3) and four (4) year olds whose parents believe that their child has a reasonable likelihood of having any disabilities. Parents of three (3) and four (4) year olds wishing to have their child screened may also schedule an appointment during the above dates at the Boutwell and Wildwood Early Childhood Centers.