WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights of the Wilmington Police Log for Sunday, August 11, 2019:
- A caller reported a male party by the Rite Aid drive-thru attempting to light something on fire. Police responded. Male party was attempted to light a cigarette. Party checked OK and was sent on his way. (1:15am)
- Police stopped a vehicle at the end of Woodland Road. Driver was cited for failure to dim lights and open container. During a search of the vehicle, two bags of marijuana and a bottle of alcohol were confiscated. Vehicle towed. Police gave driver and passenger a ride of Mobil on the Run. (1:38am)
- A caller reported a group of five teens on bicycles were around the back of a building on Main Street trying to pick a lock. Police responded. Parties were attempting to charge their electronic devices using the building’s external power. Parties were advised and sent on their way. (2:40pm)
- A male party digging in the backyard on Ballardvale Street believed he struck a gas line. Police, Fire Department, and Key Span responded. (4:49pm)
- Wilmington Police assisted Tewksbury Police with searching for an 18-year old autistic woman who left her Tewksbury residence on foot two hours ago. Police located here at the 38/62 intersection. (10:20pm)
(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.