WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington School Committee meets this Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 7pm in the Large Instruction Room at Wilmington High School.
There are some newsworthy items on the agenda, including:
- The School Committee will consider finalizing next year’s school calendar.
- The School Committee will review proposed changes to the High School’s Program of Studies after a presentation from Principal Linda Peters.
- The School Committee will receive an update from the district’s Behavioral Health Task Force.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation on adopting the Seal of Biliteracy. The Committee will receive an update on the Global Child Spanish Classes.
- The School Committee will receive a presentation on the Wilmington CARES program.
- Superintendent Dr. Glenn Brand will discuss the district’s upcoming Behavioral Health Fair on March 28; the Director of Technology Job Posting; an update on the cost of the NEASC accreditation visit to Wilmington High; and the upcoming administration of the 2019 Youth Risk Behavior Survey.
- The School Committee will receive a student presentation on the High School’s DECA program. The Committee will also consider an out-of-state field trip request for members of the program to attend DECA’s International Conference in Orlando.
- The School Committee will accept a $1,500 donation from the Wilmington Educational Foundation to fund the district’s 2019 STEM Fair.
- The School Committee will receive subcommittee reports and any public comments.
The meeting will be telecast live by Wilmington Community Television on WCTV-Meetings — Channel 22 on Comcast and Channel 38 on Verizon. The meeting will also streamed on WCTV’s website HERE.
Wilmington Apple intends on reporting on many of the items above – and any other news that comes from the meeting.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.