WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights from the Wilmington Police Log for Thursday, August 23, 2018:
- Nicholas J. O’Connell (21, Wilmington) was issued as summons for Operating A Motor Vehicle with a Suspended or Revoked License and No/Expired Inspection Sticker. (1:15am)
- A caller reported a large bag of debris on the roadway on Main Street. Bag contained couch cushions. Bag was moved off the road. (9:37am)
- Police conducted “move over” enforcement on 93 South and 93 North and handed out numerous citations and warnings.
- Irving D. Garcia (33, Lawrence) was arrested on a warrant during the “move over” enforcement. (11:06am)
- A Dobson Street accidentally caught a skunk in a trap he set for chipmunks. Dispatch gave man number to wildlife control, but man is not willing to pay fees they charge. Man requested assistance of Animal Control Officer in emptying trap. (2:34pm)
- A resident reported a male party on Cunningham Street, walking towards Glen Road, is opening up each mailbox as he passes and looking inside. Caller is unsure if he’s taken or left anything in the mailbox. Police located individual in question on Wick’s Circle. He was distributing fliers for Sweet Pizza on Ballardvale Street. Police advised him he cannot open mailboxes. (3:31pm)
- A daycare employee reported she was told by a mother that there was a group of juveniles using drugs behind the old Sonic building. Police responded, advised the group and sent them on their way. (3:49pm)
- A caller reported she witnessed a male party in his 30’s wearing blue swim trunks circling the playground at Town Beach, approaching two young female. Caller alerted the children’s mother, who did not know the man, and called them away from him. Police responded. Man claimed he asked children if he could use the swings for yoga. Checks OK. (5:25pm)
- Enid Kituku (26, Lowell) was issued a summons for the Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle. (6:00pm)
- Tewksbury Police requested assistance locating an erratic operator in the Nichols Street area. Police located vehicle at operator’s residence, with operator passed out behind the wheel. Police filed an ‘immediate threat’ on female. Fire Department notified. (8:22pm)
- Corey M. Brennan (40, Wilmington) was arrested on a warrant. A caller reported two male parties were loitering in the Target parking lot. (8:23pm)
- Vanessa C. Moreira (33, Saugus) was arrested with Assault & Battery with a Dangerous Weapon on a Pregnant Victim. Saugus Police assisted with arrest. (9:22pm)
(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.