WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights from the Wilmington Police Log for Saturday, August 11, 2018:
- A caller reported some vandalism up and down Nichols Street, with mailboxes and street signs down. A 25 MPH sign was also found down. Police notified DPW. (8:40am)
- A Strout Avenue caller reported a loud bang — possibly a gun shot or car backfiring — on Lowell Street. Police responded and checked area. A Lowell Street resident told officers they heard the bang. (1:57pm)
- Police reported a sink hole near a drain cover on School Street at Drury Lane, approximately a foot deep. Police notified DPW. (6:13pm)
- A party at Cumberland Farms reported he left an envelope with $800 in it on the counter around 6:30pm. The party returned and the envelope was gone. He requested an officer respond to take a report. (6:57pm)
- Police received a complaint of a possible underage party. The caller reported a loud group outside throwing cans and bottles. Police responded and spoke with the parents on the scene. All parties on the scene are waiting for rides home. (11:17pm_
(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip?