WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights from the Wilmington Police Log for Sunday, July 29, 2018:
- Police received report two horses were loose in the street on Chestnut Street. Owner was able to get horses back in corral. Owner will attempt to figure out how the horses got out. (2:04am)
- A caller stated a green kayak with nobody in it was floating in Silver Lake. Officer stated that when she opened the lake earlier in the morning, there was a kayak in the water with someone in it. A person fishing on the pier was able to bring the kayak to shore. He said he did not see anybody fall in. Kayak was left in backyard of 9 Grove Avenue. Homeowner was OK with police leaving it there. (6:30am)
- Social media officer took a report of a tree down across Birch Road. Pole snapped in half. RMLD and Tree Department responded. RMLD temporarily cut power to the area. (7:34pm)
- A caller reported a loose horse in the rad on Hillside Way. Dispatch contacted the farm owner. Horses were collected and brought back to owner. (9:07pm)
- A male party with no shirt and white shorts was seen dancing and throwing his backpack around on Main Street, near Market Basket. Party said he was transported by the Tewksbury Police Department to the Wilmington line. Party is attempting to get to a friend’s house near Lucci’s. Police contacted friend to see if party could stay at his residence. Friend declined. Police drove party to Lowell. (10:12pm)
(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip?