WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights from the Wilmington Police Log for Friday, July 27, 2018:
- Police received report of an erratic operator near St. Dorothy’s. Police responded. Operator was not familiar with the rental vehicle and was trying to adjust headlights. Situation checked OK. (1:15am)
- A Bond Street resident called to report a loud bang in the area. He believes it may have been a gunshot. Police unable to locate origin of the noise. (1:58am)
- Shawn W. Vereker (26, Billerica) was issued a summons for Operating A Motor Vehicle With Suspended Or Revoked License. Vereker was pulled over on Chestnut Street. (7:08am)
- Police issued a citation to a driver of a moped who was not wearing a helmet at Eames Street and Jewel Drive. (10:02am)
- A Ballardvale Street caller reported an injured goose just flew into a window. Animal Control Office responded. Goose was deceased. (10:02am)
- Animal Conrol Officer retrieved a loose ferret on Cherokee Lane and brought it to the Lowell Humane Society. (11:13am)
- Christina M. Landry (29, Tewksbury) was issued a summons for Possession Of A Class A Drug. Matthew Pariseau (34, Tewksbury) was issued a summons for Possession Of A Class A Drug and Operating A Motor Vehicle With A Revoked Or Suspended License. A caller reported a male and female in a vehicle behind a building on Waltham Street engaged in possible drug activity. (11:40am)
- A bumper was located in the roadway of the 93 Overpass. Police disposed of bumper at Highway Department. (5:57pm)
- Daniel James Hannan (28, North Reading) was arrested for OUI Liquor (3rd Offense); Failure To Stop For Police; Negligent Operation Of A Motor Vehicle; Operating A Motor Vehicle With A Suspended License (Subsequent Offense); Speeding; Marked Lanes Violation; and Possession Of Open Container Of Alcohol In Motor Vehicle. A detail officer reported a vehicle bypassed a detail roadblock on Salem Street. Vehicle then stopped, but took off again. A car chase ensued. Billerica, Tewksbury, Chelmsford and Mass State Police notified. Hannan got out of his vehicle in Billerica and a foot pursuit ensued. He was eventually captured.
(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip?