WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights from the Wilmington Police Log for Thursday, March 22, 2018:
- Police responded to a general burglar alarm at Jimmy’s Garage on Main Street. A vehicle struck the building. A BOLO was put out. Woburn, Tewksbury, Burlington, Reading, and State Police notified. Mass Highway notified for debris cleanup. Building inspector contacted. Police determined suspect attempted to take the garage’s ATM. Andover Police had a vehicle crash into a house on School Street in their town, matching the suspect’s vehicle. Lettering on the side of the truck says “HREC Rentals” in white lettering with a yellow swoosh. Andover Police took ownership of vehicle. State Police Crime Scene and Chemist responded to Andover. Andover will contact Wilmington Police when vehicle is ready to be towed. (5:06am) [NOTE: Wilmington Police put out a press release on this incident, which can be read HERE.]
- A disabled vehicle that ran out of gas was blocking a travel lane at Woburn Street and Salem Street. A third party brought gas for the vehicle. (1:50pm)
- A caller requested extra traffic patrols on Pouliot Place and Reed Street around school dismissal time at Shawsheen Tech. (2:21pm)
- Police received report of loose dog running on the Glen Road train tracks. Keolis was notified. Police told that the dog was a rescue dog that got out of vehicle while parked at RMV. Police unable to locate. Missing Dogs MA will set up feeding station and camera behind RMV tonight. (2:32pm)
- An Avalon caller reported her apartment was broken into. Video game and jewelry box missing. (5:39pm)
(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip?