WILMINGTON, MA — Here are TEN highlights from the Wilmington Police Log for Friday, August 26, 2016:
- Brian J. Caputo (41, Lowell) was arrested for OUI (Liquor), Use of a Motor Vehicle Without Authority, Failure To Stop For Police, Speeding, Failure To Stop, Marked Lanes Violation, Operating A Motor Vehicle With A Revoked License, Negligent Operation of a Motor Vehicle, A&B with a Dangerous Weapon, B&E Building At Nighttime To Commit A Felony, Malicious Destruction of Property valued at over $250, Assault with a Dangerous Weapon and Resisting Arrest. Prior to the case, Caputo smashed the back glass door of the Corner Store on Shawsheen Avenue in an attempted B&E. 2 police cruisers suffered damaged during the pursuit after purposely being rammed by Caputo. Police provided additional information on the incident HERE.
- Police notified Bailey Road street sign was missing and notified DPW. (8:43am)
- A Ring Avenue caller reported a black male wearing a skully cap was walking onto properties, holding a clipboard. Police spoke with the man, who worked for Scots Lawn Care and was obtaining an estimate to a resident in the area. (10:47am)
- A Salem Street resident reported a sick bat in her backyard. (1:18pm)
- A Clorinda Road resident reported a sick coyote in her neighbor’s yard. Police responded and found that the animal was a fox, which eventually ran off. (2:30pm)
- A secretary from an Andover Street company reported raccoons trapped in a dumpster. Both raccoons were eventually freed. (4:27pm)
- Lutee Xramah Cooper (36, Minnesota) was issued a summons for the unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, registration not in possession, and speeding. Cooper was pulled over at Eames Street and Jewel Drive. (6:00pm)
- A caller reported finding two hypodermic needles on Shawsheen Avenue. Police retrieved the needles for disposal. (7:34pm)
- A Castle Drive resident reported having his doorbell rang repeatedly, but no one is at the door when he answers it. (8:46pm)
- A gray 1999 Cadillac DeVille struck a motorcycle on Woburn Street. Motorcyclist was transported to a hospital. Driver of Cadillac received a citation for failure to yield. (9:27pm)
(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.