WILMINGTON, MA — 88 incidents were entered into the Wilmington Police Log on Wednesday, August 19. Here are EIGHT highlights:
- A motorcycle and a black 2008 Honda Accord were involved in a motor vehicle crash at Lowell Street and Woburn Street. No information provided. (4:55am)
- A syringe was found on Buckingham Road at Aldrich Road. Police retrieved the item and brought it back to the station for destruction. (6:56am)
- The lights at the intersection of Main Street and Church Street were staying green IN BOTH DIRECTIONS for about 10 seconds at a time. Mass Highway was notified. (8:40am)
- Numerous calls were made reporting a young man lying on the side of the road at Central Street and Church Street. Police found the man had no issues and sent him on his way. (1:41pm)
- An Evergreen Drive resident reported receiving an IRS scam telephone call. Caller wanted the incident logged. (6:25pm)
- A Boutwell Street caller reported a missing elderly cocker spaniel. Dog is deaf and has bad eye sight. A Burlington Avenue resident found the dog in their yard. Owner made arrangements to pick up dog. (7:05pm)
- A bicycle was stolen from the Wilmington Center train station. Bike was an older red 10-speed bike. The lock was cut. The caller wanted the incident logged. (7:54pm)
- A group of six youths were seen ringing a door bell and taking off up the street toward Woburn. (9:29pm) A Cyrstal Road resident reported kids in his back yard throwing rocks and ringing his door bell. Police caught up with the kids and was able to retrieve 5 of their names. Police spoke in-person or on the phone with each child’s parents. (9:40pm)
DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook! Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter! Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE! Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.