WILMINGTON, MA — 95 incidents were entered into the Wilmington Police Log on Monday, August 17. Here are ELEVEN highlights:
- Mark Laverty (40, Burlington) was arrested for OUI Liquor (2nd offense); marked lanes violation; and no inspection sticker. (1:00am)
- A Brentwood Avenue caller requested a well-being check on a neighbor’s young child who has been screaming. Police found the child to be OK. (8:23am)
- Damage was noted to the NAPA building on Woburn Street, likely caused by a BB gun. (10:09am)
- Construction vehicles were damaged sometime over the weekend on McDonald Road. A window to one backhoe was smashed. Owner requested extra patrols of the area. (10:24am)
- A Pouliot Place caller reported his neighbor cut down part of a tree on his property while he was away on vacation. Caller was advised it is a civil matter. (2:47pm)
- A gray 2012 Nissan Altima and a blue 2010 Honda Civic were involved in a motor vehicle crash at Wildwood Street and Middlesex Avenue. Unspecified injuries were reported. (4:23pm)
- Michael T. Foley (32, Burlington) was arrested for driving with a suspended license and no inspection sticker. Foley was involved in a motor vehicle crash at Carter Lane and Shawsheen Avenue. (6:09pm)
- A Mill Road resident reported he located dog feces inside of his mailbox this afternoon. He wanted the incident logged. (8:08pm)
- While on a check of Mill Road, police came into contact with approximately nine kids who were playing a game of hide and seek. Kids assured police that it was not them involved in recent issues on the street. (8:24pm)
- A 2-car motor vehicle crash occurred on Hopkins Street. Police found one person on the ground, thrown from the car. State Police were called out for a reconstruction. (10:40pm) Additional information on the crash can be found in this Lowell Sun article, which states that four were sent to the hospital, including one with a serious head injury.
- A Richdale employee reported that after a woman used the store’s bathroom, he found powder in the bathroom. Police confiscated a small bag of Class A in the bathroom. Police brought the woman to the station. (11:41pm)
DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook! Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter! Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE! Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.