WILMINGTON, MA — 39 incidents were entered into the Wilmington Police Log on Saturday, August 15. Here are EIGHT highlights:
- Amtrak called in a railroad tie fire on the tracks near Ballardvale Street. (A railroad tie is a rectangular support for the rails in the tracks.) The Wilmington Fire Department extinguished the fire. (12:11am)
- Shelton Garcia-Lucas (23, Everett) was placed in protective custody at Cumberland Gas Station. (4:25am)
- A caller requested a wellness check on his girlfriend’s mother. Caller claimed his girlfriend had been receiving text messages from the mother making suicidal statements. He believes the mother may have under the influence. Police spoke with the mother and everything checked okay. (4:46am)
- An Adams Street caller reported five solar walkway lights were taken from his yard sometime between midnight and 8am on Thursday, valued at approximately $50. (9:12am)
- A caller reported a car almost rear ended her twice on Main Street while turning into Rocco’s parking lot. Caller believed the operator was intoxicated. Police stopped the vehicle and spoke with the operator, who checked out okay. (11:25am)
- An Assistant Manager at Market Basket requested an officer speak to panhandlers by Game Stop. Market Basket management issued a no trespass order to one of the female panhandlers. Police served her in hand and sent her on her way. (3:14pm)
- Police assisted in closing the Town Beach early due to the threat of thunderstorms. (6:44pm)
- A fight broke out inside the Pacific Grove restaurant on Lowell Street. Reading Police Department was also notified and sent a cruiser. All involved parties left prior to the arrival of any officers. Nobody on scene was injured. (11:00pm)
DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook! Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter! Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE! Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.