WILMINGTON, MA — 49 incidents were entered into the Wilmington Police Log on Saturday, August 8. Here are TWELVE highlights:
- A caller reported the stop sign at the corner of Laurel Avenue was turned, facing the traffic on Parker Street. Police were able to spin the sign to face the correct direction. Police contacted DPW. (12:24am)
- A caller reported a male employee at the Richdale Convenience Store made an “inappropriate comment” to her. She requested an officer speak with him. Police spoke with the employee, who claimed no interaction with the woman took place. (1:33am)
- An employee of Sonny’s Mobile on the Run reported a man was refusing to leave the store. Police spoke with the man, who was sent on his way. (1:53am)
- Callers reported loud parties at Dexter Street (2:26am) and Allgrove Lane (3:05am). Police spoke with homeowners and advised them to quiet down for the evening.
- Rajveer Singh (19, Woburn) was taken into protective custody after getting into an argument outside a house on Allgrove Lane. He was also charged with possessing a false or stolen RMV document. (5:24am)
- A Stonehedge caller reported their mailbox was knocked down during the night. (8:51am)
- A wire was reported down on the sidewalk on Burlington Avenue and Marion Street. (11:12am)
- A caller reported finding a hypodermic needle on the side of the road on Shawsheen Avenue. Police retrieved the needle for destruction. (11:23am)
- Patrick Daniel Seman (20, Haverhill) was issued a summons for negligent operation of a motor vehicle, speeding, marked lanes violations, and failure to wear a seat belt. Seaman’s blue 2000 Chevy Silver K1500 crashed into a pole on Woburn Street. (2:31pm)
- A Deming Way resident wanted it logged that he is having an ongoing issue with a neighbor who is harassing him. Resident did not describe the harassing behavior. (9:16pm)
- A caller reported a large group of youths were in the roadway on Swain Road, possibly intoxicated. Caller called back to report “about 30 youths got into 3 vehicles heading towards Route 62.” Police were unable to locate the vehicles. (9:39pm)
- A neighbor called to complain about a loud party – with lots of yelling – occurring on Gunderson Road. When police arrived, party was being wrapped up and the music has been turned off. (11:08pm)
DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.
Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook! Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter! Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE! Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.