WILMINGTON, MA — 51 incidents were entered into the Wilmington Police Log on Friday, June 12. Here are SIX highlights:
- Train gates were down for an extended period of time on Middlesex Avenue as an MBTA train had a mechanical failure. (5:50am)
- Wires from Elia’s surveillance system were down and onto the train tracks on Middlesex Avenue. Wires were moved and MassBay was notified that travel could resume. (7:42am)
- A caller from a Jewel Drive business requested assistance from the Animal Control Officer reporting a turtle laying eggs right where a ramp is being built. Animal Control Officer advised caller to let the turtle continue to lay her eggs there. (9:12am)
- A Moore Street caller reported a pitbull is loose in the neighborhood and acting aggressively. After multiple attempts, the owners were reached, who stated they left the dog in the basement and were not aware the door was open. (11:24am)
- Samantha Swanson (23, Billerica) was issued a summons for allowing a suspended operator to use her vehicle. (5:29pm)
- Justin DiPlatzi (36, Wilmington) was arrested for operating a vehicle with a suspended license; no inspection sticker; and a number plate violation. (8:19pm)
DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.